The British-American Business Council (BABC) is the largest transatlantic business network, with 22 chapters and over 2,000 member companies based in major business centers throughout North America and the United Kingdom. Its membership includes many of the world's largest multinationals, as well as hundreds of middle market and smaller companies.
The BABC's chapters participate in the BABC to gain access to a broader transatlantic business network and additional Member Benefits, including access to business development, networking and marketing opportunities and to valuable business insights and intelligence.
On behalf of its members, the BABC also actively engages with government on a broad range of policy issues and ensures that our actions take into account our members’ views and interests. We maintain an ongoing dialogue with Government on many of these issues and make direct, formal representations to Government on issues of particular concern. The BABC's Transatlantic Steering Committee oversees policy program.
In addition to the benefits that regional BABC chapters offer their members, the BABC offers a variety of business opportunities and services to help their member companies build and manage their business, including exclusive access to:
- The event programs offered by all the BABC's chapters throughout North America and the UK, providing opportunities to network and develop business with their members.
- Opportunities to promote their company and its services/products to all the BABC's membership on a year-round basis through the home page of the BABC website, by becoming a BABC Patron; taking out a banner ad and/or by sponsoring the BABC website.
- The BABC's J-1 Visa Program, enabling BABC member companies to bring qualified employees and interns from anywhere in the world into the United States for training and employment.
- Opportunities to promote their services and products to other BABC member companies on the BABC website, at no cost, through our Member Discounts, as well as through advertising/sponsorships.
BAGOL, the British-American Group of Lawyers, is a network of attorneys from the various BABC chapters. The group provides opportunities for making or receiving referrals and exchanging or disseminating information of common legal significance. A key function of BAGOL is its meeting and program at BABC conferences. Membership in BAGOL is attained via participation at meetings.
For more information on BAGOL, please contact Bruce Lowe, Esq., of TAFT, STETTINIUS & HOLLISTER LLP .
The most recent BAGOL meeting was held at the Offices of Debevoise & Plimpton in NYC with discussion leaders form firms such as Debevoise & Plimpton, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, Matheson, McGladrey LLP, Pepper Hamilton , Pondera International LLC, Steptoe & Johnson LLP, Stevens & Associates , Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP and Withers & Rogers. Topics included:
- The TTIP: Latest Update
- Cyber security and litigation – The latest legal practice explosion
- IP developments in the UK and Europe
- Big Ticket Litigation, UK & US
- Inversion transactions and the Google tax. Is America next?